Introduction to Communications Technology
All students and parents must sign and agree to the ASD Acceptable Use Policy.
You can find all class materials and documentation on the class CANVAS page.
In this course, students explore and are given an introduction to the following concepts:
- Communications technologies
- Effects on society and the world
- File types, & file / folder management
- Data Collection and databases
- Graphic Design
- Raster graphics
- Vector graphics
- Production of Graphics and Digital Communication
- Laser engraving
- Vinyl cutting
- Package design
- Sound editing
- Photo editing
- Video Production
In this course, we will be using state of the art, industry-recognized software such as:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Animate
- Garage Band
Because of the high cost of this software, many students will not have the ability to work on projects at home. They must be completed in class time or during the scheduled class FLEX time. Students will be assigned homework occasionally. This homework will consist mainly of research and preparation for instruction, not the design element.
If students express an interest in continuing at home what they have learned at school, here is a list of free, open-source software that is similar to some of the software we will use in class.
- Blender blender.org Animation software
- Gimp gimp.org Raster and Vector graphic design
- Olive olivevideoeditor.org Video editing