Welcome! This class is part of a 4 class rotation for 7th graders and will last for 1 term of the year. Students have the options to take more in-depth semester long classes in the 8th and 9th grades.
LINK TO CLASS LESSONS
You will need to login to CANVAS with your student gmail account to access this. Parents, you can log in with view only access. (For directions on how to do that, please contact the school.)
|To contact me:Email: email@example.com|
Call or Text: (385)208-1654
Shop help times:M-F Mornings 7:35-8:00 (let me know you’re coming)Wed. & Fri. After school 1:45-3:00 (except during Cross Country and Track seasons)
The key is to communicate with me. I will make time to help you. 🙂
The College and Career Awareness course is designed to help you identify interests, abilities, and skills that you may use in a future career.
State Information about the course:
Utah CTE (Career and Technical Education) Career Pathways
Look here for a list of the Utah State CCA strands and standards:
In my CCA class, we explore the following career clusters and pathways by making things.
- Architecture and Construction
- Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Engineering and Technology
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
In order to participate in shop activities, you will need the following:
- A permission form SIGNED by you and your parent/guardian. If you lost yours, you can print another copy here
- 100% correct on all safety tests
- General shop and hand tool safety
- Drill press safety
- Bandsaw safety
- Sander safety
- Willingness to learn from mistakes (we will make a lot of them in this class)
- Class motto: We don’t fail miserably. We fail GLORIOUSLY! Then we improve.
- Readiness to learn and practice professional workplace skills:
- High-Quality Work
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
Website services and resources used in class: